Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Host Denying Connection - CryptoAPI Failure - Cannot connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

barkie

Technical User
Jan 13, 2003
US
Has anyone had this happen to them? Can't find how to fix it.
Thanks

I have a very similar issue; "CrytpoAPI is not available. Object already exists." Symantec does not support this segment of pcAnywhere and direct support seekers to Microsoft. Actually, I've found an anomoly in their software/theory of how it's supposed to work, but again, they don't support this segment of their software.

I'm still working on it, but when I figure it out I'll let you know.

To let you know......this will occur with other uses on XP and using pcAnywhere 10.x

The cause of the problem is changing the domain users' password. It seems that the crypto key 'stuff' does not get updated.

We found a solution to delete the crypto files.

So in %HomePath%\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\S-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The Crypto dir and below are hidden. The S-xxxxx is a personal key reference. Just delete the contents of this dir. A new key is created the next time it is required i.e. when pcAnyhwere needs to invoke the CryptoAPI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back