Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hospitality Reservations Queue

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoIPP

MIS
Jan 28, 2009
US
I'm a former Avaya guy but I'm overseeing this Mitel 3300 system.

We are working with a Mitel Integrator. It has been in place for about 5 years.

I need advice or to know the options on how to best setup the call queue for reservations.

Sometimes when they are short-staffed or running a promotion the queue gets long.

I'm think at times we need to add people to the queue or setup multiple expanding rollover queues?

Any advice?

Sometimes when I am working with the integrator I don't feel like I'm getting tier 1 support or advice if you know what I mean.

What software is running? Is ACD enabled on this system?

I suppose you're entitled to your opinion, I'm just not going to suppose very hard.

Not sure of the software but I can check later.

VoIPP said:
I'm think at times we need to add people to the queue or setup multiple expanding rollover queues?

In my experience, the only solution is to add people. Understaffing is the bane of my existence. It doesn't matter how much you design the system to automate the call, ultimately someone needs to answer and deal with the call.

I agree best answer is more staff

if thats not an option then
-force overflow to another location- ring all ring groups are very annoying but we have customers that ignore them as well
-force the call to voicemail

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

In your messaging, drive callers to the web if appropriate; directions, weather, local dining, etc. We found that almost half our calls were strictly informational calls not leading to a booking.

Recording calls will help the supervisors understand which agents need coaching to shorten the average call length. Or to understand the resources required by the agents to provide quicker answers.

Have them run historical reports (Yesterday, last week, last month, last year), then they can project and prepare for busy times. Or implement Work Force Management tools (at a cost).

In the end, it will still boil down to staffing, they won't want to hire and still look to you for a tech solution.

Thanks!
Al Feinberg
MiCollab 9.7.1.103-01
Mitel Standard Linux 11.0.106
OVA 9.4.1.8
MiVoice Business Release level: 9.4
NuPoint Unified Messaging Build: 20.6.0.4.01
Revolutions 2023.1.2
MiCC 9.4.2
MiR 7.0.0-16.0
CCMWeb
PowerPlay