Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hospitality Phone system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mountainbear

Programmer
Sep 27, 2009
CA
Anyone have any experience with Phone suite? Have a customer looking for a phone system for their Inn, about 20 rooms. One key feature they want is "wake up call".

I have some experience with Avaya IP office and Duvoice. that worked very well for us.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Vive Communications

@Mountainbear - Can you be more specific?

What about wakeup call?[ul]
[li]set from room?[/li]
[li]set from front desk[/li]
[li]set from PMS[/li]
[li]Reporting?[/li]
[li]Ring guest room only[/li]
[li]Ring and provide message?[/li]
[li]Ring and do something else?[/li]
[li]Action(s) on no answer?[/li]
[li]Failure reporting/actions?[/li]
[/ul]

I can't say all of this is available but I need more than "Wake up Call"

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

The E-MetroTel system will allow you to set up a Nortel styled full hotel package on a system as small as 20 extensions. You would have the option of using Nortel IP Phones, Open Standards SIP sets, analog sets, or Nortel digital sets via a digital gateway.

Joseph Sus Jr. Nortel Emetrotel Consultant

The samsung office serve has good hotel features that you can turn on for free(or at least that used to be the case , so no additional licensing costs) , it integrates with numerous hospitatilty systems and support is good from the distribution channels , below is a link

ACSS (UC/SBCE/SM/SME)

Not that they mean a thing anymore , get a brain dump pass the test crash the system.

I actually work on Avaya kit these days , but have to say for price and stability plus the feature set of the office serve , i think you would struggle to find something similar(panasonic , LG , Mitel etc etc) that will give all round satisfaction to your customer.

ACSS (UC/SBCE/SM/SME)

Not that they mean a thing anymore , get a brain dump pass the test crash the system.

The NEC SL1100 has a fairly inexpensive Hotel/Motel license (List price is $249) and that is probably going to be one of the least expensive routes for a 20 room Inn.

@Mountainbear - My company sells Phone Suite and I can get you answers on that specific product if you like.

I just need answers to my earlier questions.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

For as many Mitel systems I have seen, I have seen almost the same amount of Nortel Meridian 1 systems in hotels and large resorts. I actually operated one in a hotel. Although they are less and less prevalent now of course, due to the fact Avaya took over the CS1000 and they really aren't marketing the hospitality end of the product if not marketing the product at all.

Joseph Sus Jr. Nortel Emetrotel Consultant

You might want to take a look at Grandstream GXW system with Synectix Wake-up Announcer. Only supports call in wake-up setting.

Really need to look at what you have for Property Management and do you want to integrate the systems. Requires a little more research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back