Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hospitality guest details

Status
Not open for further replies.

MukeshPradhan

Systems Engineer
Nov 1, 2022
IN
Hi all,

I am a certified Mitel technician and I hope someone here can help me sort out a 3300 hospitality question.

Customer has a 3300 with a PMS connected, however guest names are not coming through at the moment. Customer has one 5550 and one 5540 IP console.
After entering "PMS Link" command, it shows the PMS link is down.

Any ideas how I can resolve the issue?

Thanks
Mukesh

Most likely the ethernet to serial adapter on your system is down. I normally use iPocket RS232 devices. Simply power cycling them will restore service.

I suppose you're entitled to your opinion, I'm just not going to suppose very hard.

Thanks for the quick response.

I have less knowledge on this. Can you please let me know, where this "ethernet to serial adapter" is connected. I guess this is between the PC to the Opera PMS.

Basically there are 3 components.
1. Mitel AX Controller
2. Opera PMS
3. One desktop PC where Mitel PBX Interface and Mitel CAS interface (IFC8 version: 8.9.6.6) are installed.
This PC is for the communication between Mitel PBX and Opera. Mitel PBX Interface is to show guest extension number and Mitel CAS Interface is to show guest name. Now the guest names are not coming.

Note: In Mitel 3300 under "Hotel Options", PMS Connectivity is as Network.

I would check the network interface from the Mitel to the desktop PC as this is likely to be where the problem is. Can you ping the PC from the Mitel?

the adapter attaches to the network to which the controller is connected (ethernet) and to the PBX port (serial) of the Opera server. If this ever worked you have an adapter of some sort. These adapters can be physically located anywhere between the two. I typically find that simply power cycling these adapters restores PMS service. The next possibility is that the PMS/PBX port on the opera is out of service. The Opera admin should be able to restart this service.

I suppose you're entitled to your opinion, I'm just not going to suppose very hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back