Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hospitality and Single Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

randall5

Vendor
Mar 20, 2002
US
Is there any way to use single line phones in a hospitality environment with a StarTalk Flash and get some sort of message waiting indication? Currently I have a customer with a MICS and 7100 phones in guest rooms. I would like them to have single line phones which can take the abuse of guests and still get message waiting lights. Any thoughts.

Randy
ATS

there are Analog station modules with Message waiting that can provide 8 analog ports for each module and two ASM/MWI are daisy chained to get you 16 analog ports for each fiber port out of the MICS, end cost for the ASM's is about equal to 8 7100's (about). the feature codes that are available on the 7100's are also available to the analog sets you just have to 1. get dial tone, 2. flash hookswitch, 3. dial * plus feature code.

JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Jerry, thanks. Are all ASM's equipped with that capability? This customer has ASM's on site for S/L dial tone in the rooms for modems (don't ask, the salesperson is long gone by now) so I am looking to provide S/L phones with a modem port and the ability to do messge waiting. With your reply, I wonder whether my ASM's can provide that or if they need new versions. Also, is there a hospitality package that provides other features (wake up call, etc.)?

Randy
ATS

You must have a analog station module which is message waiting equiped. To my knowledge the ATA does not have that feature you must buy the ASMa.
In my opion you are better off buying the 7100's. They are pretty durable and would allow you easy access to the features you are looking to utalize.

The original ASM NTBB51CA-93 had no MWL. The 2nd itteration NTBB51CB-93 is c/w MWL. Both ASM's are still in production even though the new ASM is less than a $100 premium.
If you go with the SL set, the port can double as a modem jack for the guest, and save providing 2 pairs and 2 jacks to each room

LOL...trying to quote a hotel with these 2 methods is a chore.

True what sprucegrover says about conserving however the question arises always "can I not make a call to my office while I am dialed into it with my laptop?" and the answer is "NO".

It boils down to how much $$$ the hotel wants to spend and how good of a service they want to provide.

spoclogo2.jpg

Randy,
MICS 4.1 and up has a basic hospitality package with wake up and other features. With SMDR 6 you can configure SL1 output which should mate with most call-cost-programs such as Genisis. For a small hotel Morstar would be a fair option, but I have found that Panasonic makes a better cheaper option complete with voice mail and expandable options.

PhM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back