Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Horizontal not Vertical Report Variables 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

solas989

MIS
May 6, 2003
US
I have run my head into a brick wall and all that falls out is an "I.O.U." message. I need an odd type of report i guess.

Background: This is a sample report (up to 30 different samples for the same object - not all will be used) that compares two different company samples of the exact same object. IE: CompanyX samples the object and gives me 30 values describing the object. Then CompanyY samples the exact same object and gives me their 30 values. We then upload their data into the same sample table with two different sample ID's but link to the same object ID. I used a temp table to get both of the samples together using procedures and varables to get the correct data (it was easier since I had to get data that is pertinant to one company and not the other depending on certain values).

The report pulls from the temp table after it is populated with each company having 30 records (1 for each sample and its value). So for one object, the table will have 60 records (CompanyX will have 30 and CompanyY will have 30).

The format problem: I can get the report to use "group above" to print out and was no problem. This is the layout I can not use anymore:

Quality Company 1 Company 2
Q1 A1 A2
Q2 B1 B2
Q3 C1 C2
Q4 D1 D2
Q5 E1 E2
... ... ...
Q30 Z1 Z2

This is the layout it needs to be:

Quality Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 ... Q30
Company 1 A1 B1 C1 D1 E1 ... Z1
Company 2 A2 B2 C2 D2 E2 ... Z2

Notice that the vertical columns are now horizontal. And the quality variables are now the column headings.

I can not figure out how to do this for the life of me. GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

I tried the matrix but that prints the values for the two companies next to each other on the way down - unless I messed that up - it did not work.

I tried using seperate queries in two different frames under the same frame - again they were vertical and not horizontal.

Can this be done? Or can I add this to my "I'm an idiot to blind to see how to do it" list?

Thanks SO MUCH!!

solas989

Those two different repeating frames that you were trying to use, why not to set print direction property for them to be "Across" rather then "Down"?

I did not even know that existed (and I did not even think of that to look there)! I think that might work - trying it now

THANKS!!!!

That worked like a charm.

Thanks so very much - a star for you!!!

Guess i will add that to my idiot list :)

solas989

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back