Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Horizontal Lines across photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liz435

Instructor
Dec 13, 2006
US
I am using InDesing CS 1. When I get gray horizontal lines across some of my photographs. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason because when I move the pictures around the lines don't stay in the same spot nor necessarily in the same photo. I tried exporting as a PDF and more lines showed up. They don't appear on the black and white printer but they also don't appear on the color printer if I print the doc as a jpeg (though the quality was awful). Any suggestions?

You can try View menu/Display Performance and select high quality, but that really doesn't seem to fit your problem since low quality should effect all pics.

You can also go to Preferences/Display performance and play with that. If object level - - - is not checked, try checking it.

Assuming the photos are ok in the first place, are you using Place rather that pasting them in?

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

Yes, I'm placing them in. I've had this problem all semester. It doesn't seem to matter if I've just gotten a picture from the Internet or if it comes from a scanner or digital camera.

Liz, by any chance are you using an HP Laserjet printer?

My printer is an HP 9500hdn. I’m not only getting lines across the images but I get wedges of colors behind the imported images where there’s a transparency but not
on all the pages or all images. It almost seems like there’s a hick-up in the communication between the computer and printer.

Funny thing. it doesn’t happen on my HP2840

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back