Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hoping to help out a new customer short-term...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScratchComm

Systems Engineer
Jan 29, 2019
US
Hello all...

Has anyone attempted, with any luck, using IP400 expansion modules with a new IP500v2 at R11?

I just picked up a new T&M customer who has an IP412 R5.0.26 with two IP400 DS16v2 mods and two IP400 ATM16 mods. Voicemail Pro on a Windows 7 machine, USB feature key. Standalone site, no SCN.

The voicemail server is freezing weekly, and the customer knows that they must upgrade, but won't cough up the budget to upgrade the whole thing. I'm hoping to temporarily use the existing expansion modules with a new IP500v2 (R11), to save them some investment now - with the understanding that any maintenance support on the old hardware will be best effort only. I've already been told that no distributor will any longer do a "key swap" to duplicate current licenses to a new SD card. All licenses must be purchased new... That alone is a shot.

Any luck out there with IP400 DS30v2 and/or IP400 ATM16 on an R11? These units are functioning without issue now.

The licence part is a lie, as to go to R11 you have to go to PLDS and there is a migration path, I just think as it is manual on kit that old that your Disti doesnt want to do it.

As for the hardware, compatible hardware is usually listed in the release notes of all new releases, so a read of that would reveal

IP400 Trunk and Station Modules supported in IP Office R11.0:
• Analog trunk 16
• Digital Station V2: 16 and 30 port variants
• Phone V2: 16 and 30 port variants

| ACSS SME |

Thank you sir! That's great news on the re-use of the modules. I should've found that myself - like you said, an easy find...

As for the licenses, I'm going to go back to my disti again and push harder. I think it's unfair to have the customer buy new licenses when they already own Right-To-Use.

Hope you have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back