Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hoping Mouse Cursor in Word Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

hkvanx

Technical User
Jun 3, 2002
US
Hi,

I have a problem w/ the mouse cursor on my labtop. I have an external mouse attached to my PC as opposed to using the built in one for my labtop. Lately, the mouse cursor has been acting up a lot in a way that is really frustrating. When I am typing either in a Word application or just writing an email, the cursor would hop around when I am not controlling it. I can be typing a sentence and the cursor would hop to a place someone else in the paragraph and the stuff that I would be typing would be entered there as oppose to the place where it was originally intended for. I would have to manually put the cursor back in the spot where I was typing and erased the out-of-order words in other parts of my writing. This happens once in a while but its often enought for me to want to pull my hair out.

Please let me know how to fix it. Thanks.

-Howard

Hi Howard,

I had the same problem last week. I know what caused it: my labtop has that little square touchmouse at the bottom of the keyboard, everytime my hand was over it, the "internal" mouse reacted on that touch. I didn't solve it, just made sure I didn't touch it anymore ;-) But I guess there has to be a way to disable the internal mouse.

Regards,
Unica

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back