Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hooking up Dial Tone to IPOffice

Status
Not open for further replies.

datajockey123

Technical User
Aug 23, 2007
CA
Hello All
I am new to IPOffice and have received a work order to connect dial tone, 4 lines, to an IPOffice that is already configured but just needs the dial tone connected. I am looking for some assitance in completed what I think is a simple straight forward task, however I just want to mention that I am new to IPOffice. My background is more with BCM50, MICS etc.
Any assistance is greatly appreciated
Best Regards
Datajockey123

I would guess that this is an IP500(v2 or V2A) chassis and you have modules plugged into it

Lines are on ports 9-12 on the modules as long as there is a ATM (Analog Trunk Module) in that position. If you have a combo card then they come with the ATM, all other cards have to have them mounted afterwards.
When in doubt open the configuration and go to the Control Unit option on the left then you will see the hardware.

Or the line numbers will also tell you where the ATM is installed.
1-4 Slot 1
5-8 Slot 2
9-12 Slot 3
13-16 Slot 4

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Will be on-site this afternoon. Thanks for the followup
Datajockey123

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor