Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hooking up 2 2501's back to back via serial interfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

advfilmssaul

IS-IT--Management
Aug 12, 2003
US
I am trying to set up a little CCNA lab at home using two 2501's. I would like to hook up a cable between the serial interfaces on both routers.

I assume that Cisco sells a cable that would work but I am sure that it is expensive.

Are there any workarounds or less expensive cables or do you need additional equipment (such as CSU/DSU) to make this work?

Ello :)

The cable from cisco would be expensive, what your after is a DB60 back-to-back cable..

Nip across to ebay and search for back to back or cisco and you will find some there.

Thanks

Terry

Ebay... 20 bucks should get you the cable you need. Or you can find a V.35 Male and a V.35 female and screw them to together for a reusable back to back cable. These are the cables normally used to connect the serial interface to a CSU/DSU.

MikeS

Find me at
"Take advantage of the enemy's unreadiness, make your way by unexpected routes, and attack unguarded spots."
Sun Tzu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back