Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hookflash length TD816 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbails

Technical User
Jan 1, 2004
AU
I have a TD816 which I am trying to setup with a Dialogic D/4PCI telephony card.

Regrettably I get a disconnect tone whenever the card attempts to transfer a call - I guess the hookflash used by the card is too long (it can be adjusted on the card but then that's another story)

I can see hookflash settings on the panasonic for TRG groups - is this also the setting that also applies to internal call transfers? or does the TD816 have a standard hook flash setting & length somewhere else?

Many Thanks

MB

When integrating 3rd party voicemails (that use the Dialogic or Bicom boards), I have never had this issue. You cannot adjust the internal, feature-initiating, SL hookflash detection time on the Panasonic Digital PBX's. You may be forced to look at "another story".

When you say that you get a disconnect tone, are you talking about a DTMF tone? Do you have VM integration turned on in the PBX? (disconnect tone is DTMF 9 by default). Perhaps you should try turning off DTMF integration. There will not be any tones of any kind sent to the Dialogic.

(Thanks Mr Peabody!)
I should explain further, the "disconnect tone" is, upon further investigation, the 'reorder tone' generated by the PBX.

A caller being transferred (announced) to say extension 202 by the dialogic card (at 305)using the string !202 will hear the reorder tone.

Meanwhile extension 202 will ring and the call recipient will hear a message generated by the dialogic card, then of course there will be no caller at the other end.

Without the '!' in the dial string the initial caller hears the numbers being dialed to the extension without any further progress with the actual transfer of the call.

Changing the Flash time setting on the Dialogic card doesn't seem to make any difference (assuming the card actually registers the changes)it seems (based on other forums) that the Dialogic Cards are not without their problems. Essentially I'm just trying to get to the bottom of this.

Many Thanks

You could connect a butt-set to the PBX VM port and listen to the voicemail activate flash and dial 203. Does it sound like it's doing the sequence too fast? It could be that the flash is working, but the DTMF digits "203" are being dialed too quickly. There are three specific timers associated with the dialing of an extension:

1. Delay time after flash and before 1st digit of the extension is dialed
2. Inter-digit time (delay between each digit)
3. DTMF Length (length of each DTMF)

All three could cause reorder tone if dialed too quickly.

after the flash, or the inter-digit timing (the delay between is too short

Aaah success (at last!)

If they had a nobel prize for contributions to telephony expertise, you'd be sure to get my vote.

Many Many Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back