Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

homedrive & homepath incorrect with AD

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekskin

IS-IT--Management
Jan 27, 2003
GB
We have a W2K AD, with user areas on a W2K File & Print Server, mapping to H: from profiles.

When a user logs into Citrix, their %homedrive% & %homepath% defaults to the H: and the file & print server.

We expected that the %RootDrive% (set as W: using Chkroot.cmd) would map to the profile on the Citrix Server, but it maps to the H:. The %UserProfile% however shows M:\Documents and Settings\XXXX (XXXX=username).

How can I force the W: to be the UserProfile Path?
Isn't this supposed to happen as standard? And if so, then what could be causing it?

Please help, as we have not been able to find a solution to this yet!

Thanks

Kevin

Almost forgot! Citrix Running on W2K SP3 with all patches, Metaframe XP 1.0 FR2 - 10 servers, 3 zones, 1 farm - Active Directory all W2K SP3 - 100Mb backbone

Rootdrive is "an absolute path for the users home directory" (this is the clearest definition I could find). Now that you've set it to W:, and you have the user directory pointing to h: in AD, you get it in two places.

By default, the locally cached copy of a user's profile lives at m:\documents and settings\. If you are trying to associate this with another drive letter, I wouldn't. Let it live in the background, invisible to most. I may be confused on what you're trying to do, but hope this helps clarify things. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back