Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Home Working - Covid-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnccl

Technical User
Dec 15, 2016
GB
Hi I am trying to setup home working during this covid crisis - have tried 1616 - 9650 but without success - would a soft phone work - what would I need. IPO500v2

Any help would be appreciated

IX Workplace is preferred, however you need R11

So Communicator would work. Or VPN Phones.

ACSS

Mobile twinning with mobile call controll & mobile call back will get a very usable solution if you do not currently havee One-x & the necessary teleworker/poweruser licences

has been greatly welcomed by 90% of our customers

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Thanks Guys,

I use mobile twinning for my own DDI extension which works fine. We have 100+ DDI numbers used by different clients and need to be identified before calls are answered in that clients name.
I tried the 9650 which I think is One-X but could not get it to work over the internet or do I need a teleworker/poweruser license on the switch.

if tyou are using remsider remote phones over the internet you need to seriously consider security

I wouuld alwasy recomend an SBC in these instances

you will are correct that you also need teleworker/poweruser licences. Time to call in your Maintainer fro assistance.

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Anyone know why the ASBCE requires IPOSS. Kind of hinders the option pricing wise.

ACSS

Thanks Guys
whats a remsider remote phone
Please can you explain SBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back