Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Home Study

Status
Not open for further replies.

stomper77

Vendor
Dec 7, 2004
GB
I have decided to study at home because a number of reasons mainly I find the college course not very beneficial I have already passed ccna 1 I also find the college very pricey .
How would I go about home study do I still take the end of module exams and the end of semester exam or is it just one exam and were would I take it I am in the uk (London)

so many questions thanks Barry

Thanks jasonswan

So once I am ready I locate my local prometric or VUE testing center do I have to do the end of module exam or the end of semester exams is it just one exam or is it 4 for cnna1 cnna2 etc Thanks Barry

The only tests you HAVE to take is the 640-801 or 640-821/640-811. The end of module exams only apply if you're attending the NetCad course. There's plenty of folks out there who've earn a CCNA without ever setting foot in a Cisco class. The Sybex and Cisco Press books are a good start, but you need some simulator or "live gear" experience to really understand the material; and there's plenty of ways to get that as well.

Hi thanks for the info this is all good I have completed the ccna1 and was not happy with the college I have bought couple of routers and a switch so I have a small lab.

Do you no how much the exam costs? Thanks

Have a look on either the Vue or Prometric site for exam fees.

I would also invest in the Sybex CCNA Study Guide, it's up to the 5th Edition now.

ISBN 0782143911 @ £35

stomper77,

Right now Cisco CCNP tests (4 of them) are $125.00 each in USA.

For CCNP you will need more then 2 routers and a switch for most hands on labs.

You can add to your lab or rent time on a CCIE/CCNP lab - check Ebay they have auctions for lab time all the time.

Hope this helps !!!

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back