Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Home page customization

Status
Not open for further replies.

mizzi

Programmer
Apr 27, 2004
IT
Hi,I want to customize the home page of portal,I wish a blue page with only the logo of my organization and the links to MySite,News..
I must use Front Page 2003 to do it?
And it's possible to access directly to My Site without to access to home page?
Do you help me?
mizzi

Hi mizzi,

I'm not sure about the customisation (new to this myself!), although I think you can do a lot of it directly in SharePoint, including adding in a company logo.
However, I have been told that you can only use the default homepage, you're not able to change it to My Site.

"Your rock is eroding wrong." -Dogbert

Ok, there is a couple of ways to do this. If you want to heavily modify the home page, you will need FrontPage 2003 to do so. There are some things that can be done from right inside the browser, but nothing to advanced.

As far as using a different page as the home page, to achieve this in the past, I have installed SharePoint in a set directory and then went in and excluded the root directory of the site. What this does is allow the root directory to act just like a regular web site with whatever files you want in there. Inside those files, you can set up links that will take you to the home page of your SharePoint site. That way you are not really modifing SharePoint pages to achieve the look and feel you are wanting. So for example, your home page would load at and it could have links to your sharepoint site at
Anyways, hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back