Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Home Lab using G350

Status
Not open for further replies.

fid500

Technical User
Oct 27, 2013
US
hello all

I bought a used G350 with S8300B card from ebay and was able to install CM5. I was able to ssh using craft user ID. I also was able to install CM6 and system platform in VMWARE. I am trying to use this for a home lab to learn Avaya phone system and don't have any licensing for G350. Does Avaya have any trial licenses? any documentation and help is very appreciated.
Thanks

It's not the G350 that would need licensing, but the CM6 via PLDS, it's now licensed to the MAC address of the "WebLM" server running under System Platform. They do have trial licenses for Business Partners for demo systems, but they are only good for 30 days, and you would have to go through a Business Partner for the demo license, paperwork has to be filled out and AVAYA wants to know how the "trial" went etc.

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

You should be able to get the 30 days grace out of CM6 on VMWare or system platform without a license. You'd probably have to reboot every half hour to make changes though.

Thanks All,

I am still having some issues getting G350 to register with CM6.2 and vis versa. I configured port 10/2 on G350 and made it pmi. I am able to telnet to it and I added CM 6.2 IP address to to gmc list. I am able to ping CM IP from Gateway. I logged into CM through ASA and added media-gateway but never gave me the option to put the ip address of G350. when I do show mgc list on the Gateway, it shows that it not registering and same thing on ASA. (I removed the S8300B card from the gateway)so so far, no success. Can someone please help?

Thanks

have you put the serial number of the gateway in your add media-gateway x on screen 1 in CM, you obtain this from "show system" command on the gateway ,it sounds like you have done already but you need to save trans all and reset sys 4 from CM

You have also said that your MGC is a S8300B , this is not supported on CM 6 so this could well be your issue.

Did you set up the MGC list on the G350, to the PE of the switch? The G350 needs to know what IP to register to.

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

Yes I did the serial # in CM. If I am raunning G350 as I pure gateway, do I still have S8300B running?

Thanks

Did you enabled "Processor Ethernet" (add ip-interface procr), use that IP address for the G350's MGC list as well.

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

Thanks all for your help.

I finally got the phones to register after I added ip-interface procr

I am trying to connect the Avay G350 T1 card to Adtran 550 T1 with no success. Doesn anyhone know to connect these two using ISDN. I tried different settings no success.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Did you use a t1 crossover cable? Nortel protocol in the Atlas and protocol B in the CM?

-CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back