Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Home Directory Size

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 17, 2003
US
I'm very new to Novell Administrating and i'm sure i'm looking over the procedure. Can someone tell me how to increase the size of the folders?

What folders are you refering to? Or do you mean increase the volume size?

I have a user who's home directory has gotten too small and needs to be increased....I can not figure it out. ...Its not the volume...I do not have control over the whole volume....on folders on the volume.

There are two main ways to add a diskspace restriction. These are:

a) Volume restriction - to change a volume restriction, in NetWare Administrator right-click on the volume object and select Details. Next, select the User Space Limits tab. Where it says Search context, click on the button to the right of the box and select a context to search (where the user object is). A list of users and their diskspace restrictions on the volume will appear. To change a restriction, select a user and click on the modify button

b) Folder restriction - to change a volume restriction, in NetWare Administrator double-click on the volume object and navigate to the required folder (in your instance the users home directory). Right-click on the folder and select Details. Select the Facts tab and the folder restriction (if applied) will be there.

-----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back