Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Home directory mystery 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexExpat

MIS
Jun 14, 2002
US
I have four MetaFrame 1.8 servers (NT4, SP6, MF-SP3). All of these servers have three drives configured as M:, N:, and O:. The CD drive is L:. A NetWare script maps drives F:, G:, P:, T: trhough Z: to NetWare resources. Another process maps drive Q: to a NetWare resource for some of our users.

On one of these four servers, drive Q: shows up as a local drive, but it contains the contents of whatever is set as the user's Terminal Server Home Directory (or the user's profile directory if no TS home directory is specified), thus preventing this other process from using it. On all the other servers, no drive shows up this way and Q: is free.

Any ideas why this is showing up as Q: on this one server only? How can I correct it? Why would Q: appear as a local drive rather than a drive mapping?

Thank you very much for any help you can offer.

Hi,

It seems like one of your server's (The one with the Q drive letter) has been configured with the chkroot.cmd script, located in %windir%\Application Compatibility Scripts
You should edit the rootdrv2.cmd file (If it exist) in the same directory and check if there is one line like this:
RootDrive=Q:

Then, you should compare this file with one the other servers that is ok.

If this file dosn't exist on the other server, then you could remark the line in rootdrv2.cmd file on the server with the Q: letter.

I supose that this is the most likely cause of your problem.

Hope this help :)

Thanks; that was the problem! I really appreciate the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back