Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Holy Grail of Coreldraw/Photoshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingpin2000

Technical User
Nov 28, 2005
GB
Does anyone worked out how to get Photoshop to open from inside the Coreldraw application launcher and save back into Coreldraw upon editing?

To the best of my knowledge it is not possible.
Alan D

Why on earth would you want to do this?

Access makes all things possible. It even makes them intelligible

For someone using Corel as their main vector tool and want the power of photoshop as an image editor. Photoshop vs Photopaint, i'll take photoshop anyday + + +

Its a pain in the butt saving large tifs all over the place when you want to edit them out of Corel and in Photoshop.

To achieve this, you'd almost certainly need access to the CorelDraw source code - not a task to be lightly undertaken. I guess you'll just have to carry on exporting tif files.

Just for my information what does Photoshop do that PhotoPaint doesn't?
Alan

It's an Avis/Hertz situation. you can achieve most everything in both, but you get used to one or the other - each have quirks.

In kingpin's situation, personally I'd put up with the Photopaint limitations. Nothing would ever persuade me to try to open Photoshop from within CorelDraw. It's a certain recipe for blue screens of death, I think.

True. Its down to the fact photoshop is my editor of choice. Photopaint is massively powerful and you can achieve the same and even better results than ps.

I've looked through every ini/config file of corelraw for a method.

I'm trying to achieve a fast work environment cos photopaint always makes me have to think of the different method to achieve a ps function.

I had a quick look at ini files. I don't think you would be able to do what you want by dll/ini manipulation. You'd have to be able to decompile the native code, I suspect, and I don't think it would be worth the effort, assuming you could get it to work reliably. if you think about it, Corel are likely to have done everythin they can to prevent just such a thing. They want to hook you on their suite.

This has come up on the Corel NG and I am fairly sure it can't be done.
Alan D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back