Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

holiday tables in a vector

Status
Not open for further replies.

bartfliet

Technical User
Sep 7, 2016
BE
Hello everybody,

I'm making a vector, and there's a couple of holiday tables in there and also a selection menu before that. I was wondering, does the vector go down each line sequesial or does it check the holiday tables first and then the rest?
I would need the vector to allow people to make a choice first, and then go to one of the vectors, will it do this the way I set it up, or does it Always first check the holiday table, and then the rest?

holidaytable_j5qbcu.jpg

Hi there,

the vector goes step by step, sequentially, so your vector would play the annc 3092 first and then loop back to step 3 if no selection was made (step 08 goto step 3 if unconditionally).

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Ok, so if somebody did make a choice, would it check the holiday tables afterwards, or would it jump straight to that step without checking the holiday tables?
After those 3 vector lines, there is another choice menu which is used most of the year, but, during certain periods, it would need to be routed to one of those 3 vectors so the customer would get a different choice menu.

It goes straight to the step defined, so if the caller presses 1 the next vector step to be processed is step 13.

As far as I know Holiday Tables should be created on "top" of vector, to first check if there is and exception day (holiday) and do some special step or move to normal procedure.

And yes, vector is falling down from step to step as long as there in no "go to step" and condition is fulfilled.

Thank you all for the information. I've fixed it in a different way, tested it out, and it'll all working! :)

I typically put holiday tables at the beginning of the vector if my routing would be different as a result of that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back