Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Holiday message still playing 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlambros

IS-IT--Management
Sep 2, 2005
US
Hi all! I'm new to Avaya phone systems so this post may be missing some info. Please let me know and I'll get it.

The issue is that one of our 800 numbers (for tech support - lol) is still announcing the "Memorial Day" holiday message. Only one is still announcing this.

I have tried removing the Memorial day holiday from the holiday-table and telling the VDN for techsupport to look at a holiday table with no entries. Both attempts have not been successful. I then reversed the changes I made so we don't have more issues. I'd like to find out how to trace the 800 number into the phone system and find out why it's still playing the message...

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Avaya Definity 8500
Avaya Site Administrator v3.1.13 (Integrated Management)

Thanks!

David

The number is either using a different holiday table or the vector itself has been programmed to play that annoucement today.

List trace tac xxx for the trunk those calls come in on. Trace it that way and let us know if you still cant find it.

If you sure that you are looking at the correct VDN and vector for your toll-free number, then I would use the "list trace vdn XXXX" command to trace the call. This command must be done from emulation in ASA.

Susan
"When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers." - Oscar Wilde, An Ideal husband, 1893

Situation resolved. Thanks for the trace suggestion. We traced it in and it went to the correct vector but it turns out the routing table (if that’s the correct terminology) was wrong. I restructured that and everything tested fine.

Big THANKS for the help!

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back