Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hold disconnect problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

netcon1

Technical User
Jun 13, 2002
CA
Anyone experience this problem with the IP Office.

A call comes in on a loop start line. Rings at an extention. The extension answers and puts the caller on hold. The caller hangs up and the held call stays on the system and ties up the trunk port.

The monitor mode shows this call still held, yet the trunk line is free up on the telco side.

Try it and see if this happens on your systems.

Let me know if anyone sees the same thing as I do.

I do not suspect the trunk, as I also used an analog extension off a Definity switch to simulate the problem in the office and it did the same thing.

Any ideas..

Thanks
Netcon1

Check to make sure you have the latest code running: 1.3 has a number of improvments and one handles your problem, I think.

Thanks dbendell

It is the latest 1.3 (32)

Try it on your systems and see if you have the same issue.

Netcon1

I am running 1.3(32). Mine is working fine on disconnect both CO line and using a Legend Analog port as a line to the IP Office.

Thanks for your input wspence

Netcon1

I had that problem with a 406 about 3 months ago. It ended up that Verizon's CO was not sending enough of a disconnect signal to get the trunk to drop. Also make sure you have the trunk port modules grounded.

Just a thought heykid26 [cannon]

Make sure that you are running the latest version 1.3.32. I had the same problems before upgrading. This was a bug in the earlier versions.

Thanks for the help.

I will keep you posted.

Netcon1

I installed a system with 60 single line phones at site
A and 20 single line phones at site B and have constantly experienced the lines locking up. THe systems are tied together through the WAN ports. About once a week the call status will show trunks on hold for sometimes over 3000 minutes. THis us usually found on Monday morning.
Havent found a fix yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back