Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hold button disappears during call, on 9608 G phones. Any way to program on-call button layout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RalphNY

MIS
Mar 13, 2013
US
I had seen this issue mentioned before, but no real solution, as far as I can tell, only a per-call workaround of having to press the Phone button to return to the on-hook button layout during the call.

Is there no way to program the button layout used during the call?

A better description of the issue would be: When a second call comes in, the Hold button turns into an Answer button, and there is no apparent way to put the call on hold to answer the 2nd call, and just pressing Answer disconnects the first call.

Ideally, I'm looking for a way to keep the Hold button visible at all times when on a call, or to auto-Hold the current call, when answering subsequent calls.

Enable Auto Hold under Telephony?

Auto Hold Default = On.
Used for users with multiple appearance buttons. When on, if a user presses another appearance button during a call, their current call is placed on hold. When off, if a users presses another appearance button during a call, their current call is disconnected.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Thanks a lot to both of you. I ended up setting Auto Hold to On, because the users want to keep seeing the call details from Auto Display Waiting Call, for additional calls.

It would be good to be able to still make Hold visible, even if Auto hold is working, just so people can still explicitly hold, and in case they haven't yet been told that answering the other calls will auto-hold their current call.

Is there any way to modify the layout of the lower, white-on-black on-screen buttons, particularly when on a call, but also even when idel would be good. It seems like those are just hard set by firmware, but that seems like a shame, I imagine their might be a work-around. Does anyone know of any?

The soft keys are not programmable and their function changes according to what the phone is doing at the time.

Try pressing the Phone key when a call comes in- it may toggle the soft keys for you.

RIP Errol Brown, Percy Sledge, Ben E King, B.B. King (2015)

If it is that much important you should also be able to program a feature button with a hold function. It will stay always visible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back