Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hoe to print FAQ 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoenPiller

Programmer
Apr 4, 2001
NL
Hi,

It may sound silly, but "how to print a FAQ"? Whilst there is a handy Print Button on the normal threads this feature is missing on the FAQ pages. I now <copy and paste> into Word or Notepad but both solutions, although workable do not give such a nice print as the print button on the normal threads. What am I missing?
Regards,
Koen

I remember, a while ago someone (I think, it was Mike Lewis) shared a tip to e-mail the FAQ to yourself (there is a link for that on the bottom) to achieve a more attractive printout.

Stella,

someone (I think, it was Mike Lewis) shared a tip to e-mail the FAQ to yourself

You've got a good memory. That's exactly what I do. Once you have received the FAQ as an email, you can format it and print it in any way you like.

Mike

Mike Lewis
Edinburgh, Scotland

My Visual Foxpro web site: My Crystal Reports web site:

So I remember it right. Well, I guess my memory is OK.

I, personally, don't bother with e-mail, and just copy and paste it into MS Word, and then I can also format and print it any way I like. Usually all I do to it is just change font to some equal-space font, for better code readability, but otherwise comes out good enough just as it is. But it's a matter of preference.

Stella and Mike,

Thanks for reply, will Ctrl-C and Ctrl-P plus formatting to get an acceptable printout. But still silly not? The less important normal threads come out printed without any formatting with your eyes closed and the more important FAQ you still have to do some formatting to get an acceptable printout.

Koen

Koen,

Yes, I agree with that.

I suppose another small advantage of emailing the FAQs is that you can easily save them to seperate files, and perhaps store them in memo fields in your own tables.

Mike

Mike Lewis
Edinburgh, Scotland

My Visual Foxpro web site: My Crystal Reports web site:

As an alternative I use TREEPAD and cut and paste into a new thread.(
I have a great and useful libary for various subjects that I am interested in.

Webber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back