Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hoe to Automate A Seagate Crystal report? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravurik1

Programmer
Dec 7, 2002
US
Hello All
I need to automate a report which has a input as parameter.
The input parameter is Lot, there are 30 lots. So I need to produce 30 outputs i.e one report for each lot.
The database we use is Oracle 8i Operating system is Windows NT.
I am planning to automate the process with MS-DOS batch file.
If possible please provide the syntax.

Thanks in Advance
-Kiran Ravuri
-Boston

You can't automate CR from DOS.

You can use a Windows macro recorder (cheesy but cheap), write code or use a scheduling program.

As for needing 30 reports, you can probably do this from within a single report.

-k kai@informeddatadecisions.com

Have a look at Ken Hamady's site for a listing of Crystal utilities:

My "CUT" User Function Library would allow you to burst, export, and e-mail your report but would require that you run a Crystal report to invoke the User Functions to trigger this processing.

My "Visual CUT" software does all of the above and can also schedule and invoke the processing via command lines or Batch files.

Cheers,
- Ido CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Unfortunately, you will need a program to process the batch commands - CR doesn't support this directly. At least one of the available report viewers supports batch file commands - Report Viewer 9.0 by Crystal Desk.

I have links to all of the viewers mentioned here on my webstite LINKS page if you want to check on the others, but they are the only one that I have seen that specifically mentioned Batch File Commands. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

Thanks for the Responses!
Our Company has bought APOS Business Calendars, will I be able to use that and schedule the report so that I will get 30 different out puts for 30 diff parameters.
Thanks
-K

We have some products that may help you.

Report Scheduler will automatically output and email Reports to many formats.

Report Viewer will allow your reports run from a batch file or view print and email them from an interface
Gary Rogers CrystalDesk (Report Scheduler)
Crystal Reports consulting, and software interface development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back