Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ho do I add record in Impromptu based on Indicator ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recce

Programmer
Aug 28, 2002
ZA
Good day,

Would anyone be able to tell me if it is possible to automatically add an empty record or text space in an Impromptu report every time a certain indicator appear in a column... :)

thanks

Recce,

I don't understand what you want to do but I think it's possible with conditionnal setup. The difficulty is to know where you want to insert it.

For exemple, if you want to insert a line after a record where column A = 10 (it's example). You can define in conditionnel setup of record footer where condition is A <> 10 and select hidden when this condition is true. Don't forget to show record footer to yes. With this parameter, I thinks you can show a blank line for a particuliar condition.

Tell me if it works.

Gilles.

Hi Gilles,

Ok, thanks....I am going to try this thanks for your reply.Will let you know because it sounds about right. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back