Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HMS400 problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

notme11

Technical User
Dec 15, 2004
US
good day all!
seeing if any of you have come across this issues befor.
I have a client with an HMS400 4.0.2, we installed it about 2 months ago and all looked good but all of a sudden some issues began to pop up here and ther like the PMS not talking to the switch and not refreshing the room status, or the names on the phones. nothing that a quick reboot didn't fix.but it seems thst its happening more and more noe.
yesterday we got a call that no one could retrieve messages, when i got to site tested and surely i sould leave a message but whe you tried retrieving it the HMS would tell you that you had no messages. a reboot fixed that.
but the latest is that the operator now cannot leave messages for anyone once she dials the persons extension if no one answers the hms replies with you have reached the voice mail please enter your mailbox number. any ideas

Hi ricoa01,

Just of INFO:

the best thing you do is request a patch from Nortel for Hms because we encounter this problem before ,the Check in / out ,room status and voicemail response problem. The PMS receive an NAK reply.To make it sure monitor the PMS if you see NAK reply email directly to Nortel.
Our system was CS1000E 5.5 and nortel give us some patches for HMS.

Diego1212

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back