Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HMS400 Issues 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

genesmitty

IS-IT--Management
Dec 26, 2006
GB
We are using an HMS400 connecting to our Nortel Meridian Option 61c running rls 4.5 or 25.4 (one of those)

something weird just popped up.
ext 5555 has 4 messages, that have already been listened to, but not deleted.

if i leave a new message, then i can access the 4 saved messages.

if i call in again, when there are no new messages. it does not automatically play the old messages.

it used to.

i'm at a loss as to what could be causing this. I've looked through all the instructions, and they weren't much help
so..... HELP!!!!!!! :)

I only have worked on one of these, but it seems like every time something wierd starts happening I get told by tech. support to reboot it.

Good Luck

"Mongo only pawn in game of life.

rebooting is awesome, especially in the middle of the day :)

every time a reboot fixes a problem, it just further emphasizes the fact that there really is a problem.
plus, we rebooted it a week ago.. (i'm loving my support people)

btw, can i vent?

You are preaching to the choir...

I agree completely. The system I've worked on is a hotel in Vail, CO...100 miles away from home....I love going out there and getting the reboot advice.

i spent a few years in colorado springs.... wasn't snow country though... the springs are pretty nice. worked on a siemens switch out there.... that really sucked, the support company we had was based in england. (not sure why)

This HMS400 is an oddball product. There are not a lot of them around here, so nobody out here knows a lot about them. I think that's why I get told to reboot it all of the time.

The issue is simply a locked database caused by the use of a Microsoft Access database. There is actually a temp solution to avoid the constant reboots of the HMS when this happens.

Go into the PMSI module and click on the auto compact.
Set it to run weekly in the middle of the night.
This will clear out the excess data that is hosing up the the DB.
Also check your PEP levels. If you are not on the current release G055 then I would suggest upgrading to this level or wai until next week when G057 is released.

one question. what exactly is a PEP file? i've heard of it but i don't really know what it does. i'm going to try and get my maintenance provider to commit to a regular update schedule. right now they only update when i ask them to.

The PEP is a series of bug fixes for the HMS400. Each newly released PEP contains all fixes from the Previous PEP. They do not come out on a regular basis and the distributor is notified when one is released by a bulletin sent out from Nortel. The newest PEP is currently only available from the tech support of the HMS400. It will be listed on the Nortel PEP library with in the next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back