Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HMC 7.* and Console Terminal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breslau

Technical User
Jul 14, 2003
US
Hey,

we've recently upgraded to HMC 7, and i'm having trouble opening a terminal to a managed server, i get the following error:

The task you want to switch to is an applet based task, which does not support 'Switch To'. Please use the window switching capabilities for local windows to 'Switch To' the window for this task.

not having much luck finding any clues as to what this means and what i can do about it... ne1 have ideas?

tia

It just means the console window is open, but you can't use the tab-buttons at the top of the HMC window to switch to the console window. Use alt-tab or some other means (e.g. the buttons on the taskbar) to locate/activate the console window.

HTH,

p5wizard

try on the hmc-console

vtmenu
or
mkvterm -m <managed system> -p <partition name>

to start an console session

cio

thanks for the replies, but this was an automagical fix. the only thing that happened between the time i posted the thread and now, was a unrelated power cycle of the equipment including the desktop i was using to communicate with the HMC.

the console windows now pop up as i would expect. although there appears to be more lag time involved when using it when compared to version 6.*'s. not a biggie tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back