Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hitcounter

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakess

Technical User
Apr 17, 2000
ZA
how do i insert and get a hitcounter to work on our Intranet site??

If you used the hit counters from inside FrontPage you need the server extensions installed on your server that you published your web to

i'm new to this...where do i find these server extentions and how do i copy this to the server?

You will need to install the FP server extensions, go to msdn and do a search for them. Download them, if your server is set up correctly they will automatically install themselves and you hit counter should work.

I am unable to view my hit counters when writing a page. I just get [hit counter] displayed, cannot even see in preview format...any ideas??

Scott: When you display your page (with a hit counter), Front Page gives you a warning message that says the hit counter or other elements on the page will NOT be displayed until you actually publish the page to a server with FP extensions. After you publish the page, you will see the hit counter; until then, it will just say " [Hit Counter] ".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back