Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Historical invoice gives blank when printing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamzajosh

Programmer
Sep 18, 2002
US
I have this unique problem. We are using Crystal Report to print our invoices in SOP. We wanted to print one invoice which is posted. We opened the invoice on the screen. It shows all data perfectly. When i print this invoice (either to screen or printer), it prints a blank invoice. I opened another historical invoice and tried printing, it prints fine. Only this particular invoice does not print and we need to print this particular one only as our customer has asked for a copy. Any ideas what could be wrong and how can i get this invoice to print?
The things that i tried are as follows:
1) It looks as if something is wrong with this particular invoice number and not the data. I took the data for this invoice in the SQL tables and changed the number of this invoice to another invoice ( which was posted and was in historical table). It printed the invoice with data from old invoice but with the new invoice number. This proves the data is alright. It must be some table where the entry for the original invoice number is not there and entry for the new invoice number ( the one i replaced it with ) is there.
I hope this info is helpful. Please help, thanks

Before you check the sql tables, try checking GP first. Here are some windows you can check if invoice was really posted and in history:

1. Inquiry>Sales>Sales Documents. Type the invoice number and mark History.

2. Inquiry>Inventory>Item Transaction. Type the item number and document number

If your document doesn't show up in one of these windows then there's something wrong with the posting. If it shows up then go to the sql tables.

Try checking these tables, if the invoice isn't in one of the tables then there's something wrong with it:

SOP30300,SOP30200 - SOP History Tables or
IV30300 - Item Transaction History

Goodluck.

Duke, I have done all those things, the invoice appears in the history of both item and documents. Also the invoice exists in the tables mentioned. It's very peculiar why it's not printing. For your information, we also forms printer to print the invoices from GP using Crystal. Thanks

We're also using Forms Printer and I created all the forms including history in Crystal.

Is there something unique about this invoice? Was there a linked between the Order and PO?

Also try to run Checklinks and Reconcile, it might fix the tables.

If the data is coming up on the screen correctly, but not printing, this is not a GP tables issue. Sounds to me like some sort of Crystal issue. I am not sure exactly how Forms Printer works, but have you tried using Crystal directly, instead of going through Forms Printer? Does that produce the same results?

Duke, i tried checklinks and reconcile, does not work.

Vic, i think we can print thru GP and Crystal reports only if forms printer is interfacing them. I have no idea how to print an invoice from crystal directly and check.

Pls help if you have any more suggestions, thanks

I don't know what to tell you - looking at the original Crystal report and seeing if you can print the invoice from there would help you determine if the problem is with Crystal or with Forms Printer.

Is there anything different about this invoice than the ones that you are able to print?

Also, have you tried contacting Forms Printer support about this? Maybe they have other suggestions...?

thanks, i will look at it that way and try to figure out what could be wrong.

Check the joins in your Crystal Report. Are you joining tables that are outside of the standard SOP header and lines (SOP30200 and SOP30300)? If you are, and your joins are set to equal "=" then it is possible that the invoice will not show/print if there is data missing in these additional tables.

Scott S.

Wolf, that was it, thanks a ton. I had a comment table linked and there was no record there. As soon as i made the join left outer, it worked perfectly.

I always make mine left outer because most of the times when you have drill-downs, you'll see duplicates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back