Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HiPath VoIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattWray

Technical User
Nov 2, 2001
US
Anyone seen, installed, and/or used this switch? We are looking into implementing a VoIP solution hopefully within the next few months. The Sales Rep that sold us our existing PBX recommended this, but I'm not too sure. I've never heard of it, and was looking for some experiences with it...

Thanks All![smile]

Thanks,

Matt Wray

GFH

Not experienced it but we're upgrading to it at a couple of sites in a couple of months. Really because it is the way to get VoIP for our Siemens switches, presumably you have HiCom switches at present.
I can let you know how it goes if you want.

If you want a proven IPT solution your best bet will be Avaya or (once you get it working) Cisco.

The two basic principles of Windows system administration:
For minor problems, reboot
For major problems, reinstall

Definitely Tarquin! We actually have a ROLM right now.

I like the Shoreline product myself, I used to install them before my current gig, but I don't think Mgmt is going to give them a fair shake.

If they are going to look at the Siemens product, I want to know if it is any good...

Thanks,

Matt Wray

GFH

I also like the Shoreline due to its ease of installation, administration and flexiblity. The Cisco's can be a pain and have until recently relied heavily on a all cisco network.

ramonesrule,

Do you have a Shoreline in place? I've installed a few in medium-sized environments, but ours is much larger.

If you don't mind, I have a couple questions for you. What kind of setup do you have and what are the pro's and con's of your system.

I loved installing these, with how easy the setup and admin is. I would like to have one here, but I'd need to know that it would be able to handle our volume and be rock solid.

We have 6 sites across a Frame Relay, and the phone is the core of our business. Without it, we'd be dead in the water. And I'd be out of a job if I suggested a bad product. [smile]

Thanks,

Matt Wray

GFH

The VoIP works but we've had issues with the upgrade from HiCom to HiPath. New features not translated correctly, problems on 1 site with the GUI and the underlying database not corresponding and tromboning issues still being looked into.

I didn't think there was any working HiComs out there still?

Steve
tele-dataservices.com

Oh yes,

I look after a few in the UK.
1 x 372 Very old. Not supported. 3.3
1 x 323 Old. Not supported. 3.3
3 x 330E still going strong. 3.5
The older models are being phased out at last, but are being replaced with Alcatels instead.

Think it was to do with cost against the HiPath.

lever.

I appologise for replying somewhat late. Try this posting on the Siemens Realitis theme.

Looks like HiPath is out. Now they are looking into Toshiba CTX-670. We have one in place as a Guinea Pig.

Cross your fingers for me!

Thanks,

Matt Wray

GFH

I use it and have for over 3 years. It works great and have had no problems with it. I have also used Avaya, and Cisco. Cisco learned it from Siemens during there partnership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back