Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hipath PFT relays and Alum

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACTDA

Technical User
Jan 18, 2019
SI
Hi guys !

I need to connect PFT (S30777-Q540-x)for the first time.
All pins (like tma,tmb a,b sla,slb…) are clear for me how to connect.
The only thing that I dont understand is from where I get -48V and PFT (pins on PFT circuit on lower right side).
Probably from ALUM cable ? Which wire or PIN on DSUB connector is correct? ALUM1 (pin 11) and ALUM 2 (pin 6)?
What is ALUM 1 and AlUM 2 ?

Thanks in advance for answers

Hi. I've never install this, but here some infos:

The MCM (Management and Control Module)features the following control function:
ALUM interface (power failure transfer/trunk failure transfer)

Following three signals from the DSCXL board are routed over this interface:

ALUM (max. 1A/30W)
– ALUM off: System is ok (ALUM contact is closed)
– ALUM on: System had a problem, e.g. reload (ALUM contact is open)

NAL (Not urgent Alarm)

UAL (Urgent Alarm)

These signals are sent by relays to the front connector (15-point) which in turn is connected to the main distribution frame by the S39195-Z7612-A* cable (DSub open end).

PIN assignment:

11 = ALUM 1
06 = ALUM 2
02 = NAL 1
03 = NAL 2
10 = UAL 1
05 = UAL 2

At the back of the CSPCI frame:
Route the bottom blue connector -48-Vdc bulk cable (input) to the -48-Vdc connector at the back of the output distribution panel of the UACD or UDCD.
In the UACD, this cable is called the ALUM cable, and it plugs to the TBD connector.
In the UDCD, this cable is called the power fail cable, and it plugs to the DCPFX1-E3 connector.

Connect the cable for trunk bypass (S30267-Z317-A*) to the 1SU connector (ALUM) on the MCM board

Insert the cable for the trunk bypass (S30267-Z7612-A*), (S30267-Z7613-A*), (S30267-Z7614-A*) in the DSUB jack (ALUM jack).

Hi adibv !

Thanks for reply.
But i still dont know what I need to connect to PFT modul.
There are two contacts one is marked as -48V ( that i assume that I need to connect -48 V from mdf fuse ) and the second is marked as PFT ( and for that I have no idea what to connect to... maybe alum1 or alum2 from
ALUM cable????

Thanks in advance for answers

More details can be found on:

OpenScape 4000 Vx, Volume 2_ System Components (Hardware, Software), Service Documentation, Issue x.
or
HiPath 4000 Vx, Section 2 - System Components (Hardware, Software), Service Documentation, Issue x

and

OpenScape 4000 Vx, Installation, Installation Guide, Issue x
or
HiPath 4000 Vx, Installation, Installation Guide, Issue x

Maybe you can find this Service manuals on :

Or somebody in forum can upload them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back