Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HiPath How to Forward fax number

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeserver

IS-IT--Management
Nov 11, 2005
IE
Hi,

Really need some help with this one, I have a Hipath 3800 system with a PRI from Telco.

There is 1 analouge channel setup that feeds the fax machine, I want to divert the fax number to a different number.

Is this possible, Im using the Hipath 3000 Manager V8 R2.1.0

Thanks, Joe

set up a virtual extension and using the on line phone do a remote fwd to other number, then point ddi/did to that virtual extension. you have to allow that extension to fwd external

Thanks obt - Had to get Eircom to do it :-(

They used the call forwarding section under Incoming calls.

Another quick one, is it possible to change the music on hold to use an external source like an MP3 player or similar?

Yes that's possible.
You can connect a music source to a analog port and in the pabx you'll have to program this port as music on hold source.

This can be done at settings-->auxiliary equipment-->Ext. connection.
Drag and drop the analog port to the extranal M.O.H box.

Thanks Silver,
What type of connector would I use male mic --> RJ45?

I haven't seen these before. Do you know where I can pick one up.

When doing anything that is external to the system you need to consider what may happen if there is any electrical issues. Always get a 600 ohm barrier box to sit in between your external music source and the port on the system, or alternatively use the IVM if applicable to be the MOH source, then there is no need for anything external, any wav file format is supported as the IVM will format it to the correct format.

There is a technical bulletin that is available that explains all in this instance.

Lee SOCA/SOCP

Leeky27 is correct, best to use a audio transformer on the port, the voltage is still on the analogue port.

2 things though, do you analogue extension card or IVM (voice mail)in the system.

you may have to get your provider in to set it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back