Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hipath 4000v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkreg

Technical User
Oct 22, 2015
SG
Hi All,

we encoutering a problem accessing hipath 4000 v5 on web assistant.
using my laptop windows 10 64bit. any tips? the problem is the java requirement i already install updated java unfortunately cant still access
the parts that needs java just like the expert mode the hipathh 4000 manager on web asistant. when we try to install java from the default system on hipath 4000v5
they said the java is block please update java.please help me. thanks

what java version and bit do we need?

last time from my previous device win7 32bit all is working.

The best long term solution is to use Oracle VM Virtual box - with free Microsoft Win 7 Installed.
There are different Internet Explorer versions available as well.
Then when the Java is installed on that then you can untick the 'update Java' and keep the virtual machine just for HiPath

Did you run the client preparation in the "public area"? That's a good start when the GUI isn't working for you.

Otherwise, your best bet is to use an "old" computer. We use an old server that's primary job is just to allow us to connect to the PBX. It's running Server 2003 with Internet Explorer 8 and JRE 1.6.0_17. It works on our V5 and V6 systems.

Once you get it working, I'd recommend never updating it!!

LoPath
Maintain HiPath 4000 V5 & V6, OpenScape Xpert V4, Xpressions, Contact Center

If you use Firefox to administer your system it's a much more friendly experience because it allows you to save security exceptions and say "Allow and remember" to certain prompts. I believe you cannot use Firefox over version 52 - you can get version 52 on the firefox website, install it, and disable all updates. For V5 you are best using the newest version of Java V6. Install that and then go into the Java manager in Control Panel and make sure there is a tick mark in the box that enables Java 6.

Every time you make ANY change to Java you have to reinstall the applet cache manager so that it gets put in the new directories, and install the Java security certificate in some cases. I keep those files on my HD right where I can get at them, and I also keep the firefox installation tool in case it ever gets accidentally overwritten. There are some steps in the Client preparation that might whine about Firefox but you can get around them. In one case I skipped a step it was having an issue with and moved on with the next step - which enabled me to go back and do the previous step. It's a lot of screweing around initially, but once you get it set up and frozen in time it works great. If you ever upgrade to V7R2 (which requires hardware changes) you will find that it likes you to keep the Java version more current.

Don Bruechert, Voice Comm Analyst II
CareTech Solutions @ Holy Family Memorial
Manitowoc, WI, USA

hi
thanks all.. vmware is the answer .. already try and test. its working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back