Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HIPath 4000 v6 reinstall by crash 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a software tool that you use to create that "firstinstall" file if you don't have it - you have to put in all the relevant IP addresses, tell the system if it is simplex or duplex and a few other things. Then you can copy that file into the appropriate directory on your USB stick and the system should be able to start up from that - we built whole systems off a USB stick in class. I have all those files downloaded and backed up for that very reason :)

Don Bruechert, Voice Comm Analyst II
CareTech Solutions @ Holy Family Memorial
Manitowoc, WI, USA

Thanks Don, the xml file have all the information about IP´s address but I see advice about ping error so this cut the reinstall?

Did you try to edit it by hand or did you use the XML file creator for it? I might have the XML creator tool if it's not already posted here, but have to remember to look when I am at work. The one I have will be for V7 - not sure if there is any difference or not.

Don Bruechert, Voice Comm Analyst II
CareTech Solutions @ Holy Family Memorial
Manitowoc, WI, USA

The XML creation tool comes with Comwin - it's default directory is
C:\Program Files (x86)\HiPath 4000 Expert Access\Apps
It is called genxml.zip - you unzip that using 7zip or similar and in there is genxml.cbl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back