Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hipath 4000 V5 STMI4 Card stauts fail 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahid Ali

Technical User
Sep 10, 2017
AE
Dear all
The STMI4 card LED is red (Fail) my Boss asking the reason but i am not able to answer. after running DISP-BCSU; the card status is

LTG 1 LTU 1 SRCGRP 1 ALARMNO-LTU O

PEN Assigned module Module Type FCT ID SEC HWY ALARM NO INSERTED MODULE HW-STATE INFO MODULE STATUS
14 Q2324-X500 STMI4 1 A 0 UNKNOWN DEFECT

Cany any one guide me please.the card is not connected to any device.
many thanks
Shahid

Three things to try

(1) Make a res-bssu
(2) Take the card out and put it back in again, don't need any amo, it is hot swappable.
(3) Add an STMI in a different slot with a different BFDAT (so you swap the function of the card) and see if it goes READY then. Then put it back.

If none of that works, could also try cha-funsu:pit=flash; make a card reset, to force reload of the board flash memory.

I'm sure this comment is going to cause grundies to bunch all over the world, but I have a lot of T1 lines and I have that happen on occasion. Ordinarily I would not make this suggestion, but the board is already red so both circuits are down. I call that a "Yank and Pop". Before I panic or waste any other time I just yank the board out, count to 5 and pop it back in. Sometimes it jist needs the connections cleaned and doing that takes care of it; otherwise when the board comes back up it will request the current loadware, and it should just come back up and start working if it's going to without you taking any other action. If it does't come back up THEN I start looking for other problems. :eek:)

Officially they will tell you not to pull the board without shutting it down first, but I've been doing it for close to 20 years!

Don Bruechert, Voice Comm Analyst II
CareTech Solutions @ Holy Family Memorial
Manitowoc, WI, USA

Thanks, to Moriendi and donb01 .
it,s ok now.I just remioved and put it back again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back