Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hipath 4000- V5 Access Management password reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rsanga

Systems Engineer
Dec 21, 2019
IN
Dear Team
When I connect to the Atlantic LAN using Assistant IP ( )I can se the login screen but it won't allow me to connect using my "u:engr, p:"Default password" credentials so Please assist on this issue.

Dear SBCSU
As per your suggestion tried with the same user name & password but not accepting.

Try rsca
Siemens2000

They don't use that for much, but it might at least get you in. If you do get in it will make you change the password - make sure you remember what you put in!

If rsca doesn't work try rsta

Other possibilities:

engr
hicom

engr
4K-admin (but that should not be)

Don Bruechert, Voice Comm Analyst II
CareTech Solutions @ Holy Family Memorial
Manitowoc, WI, USA

If it won't connect with the password you know it was, and it won't connect with the default (so it hasn't reinstalled) then something else is wrong. Perhaps a full HD partition or UDSC isn't running right. I would give the ADP a soft restart so the Unix reboots. It might be helpful to have a V24 console cable connected so you can watch the boot messages. If you still can't login after reboot, I would reinstall the Unix by starting a reinstall from the unix BIOS (another soft restart to get there, and stop it on the boot, you will see the 'press any key' message).

Now i am able to login with rsca user name but engr not accepting default credential
Thanks!!

If you can get into User Admin now see if you can go in to the engr user and pick a new password. It has been about 5 years since I've been in V5 so I don't recall exactly what's in there - maybe User Account Management or something. Odd thing though it that I don't remember using engr until I started with V7, but like I said - it was a long time ago...

Manitowoc, WI, USA

Don it would be a poor solution indeed that allowed a low-level user (rsca) to reset the password of a high level user (engr)! Not going to work.

There is the Emergency password reset (EPR) option, but only in Hipath Manager - Access Management.
See:
OpenScape 4000 Assistant_Manager Access Management, Administrator Documentation.

Moriendi - I have seen worse, and that is pretty old technology! Was worth a shot! :)

Manitowoc, WI, USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back