Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hipath 4000 v10 Mediatrix 1102

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steggos

Technical User
Jul 22, 2015
ZA
Hi guys...we had Mediatrix 1102 (siemens ap1120) running on a STMI4 card on version 5. We upgraded the Hipath to v10. Now some of the Mediatrix boxes on firmware later that v5.0.1.27 don't run on this card, but it does on newer STMIX cards. The lowest ver Mediatrix I have is 5.0.1.27 and it runs on STMI4. Others just give one ring when you call them, and cannot dial. It registers with the STMI though. Any thoughts.

Update firmware on STMI(x) cards on 4K
Update firmware on Mediatrix

Hi SBCSU
Thanks for the answer. You mean upgrade STMI 4 card? Were can i get the v5.0.1.27 firmware for the Mediatrix 1102 Hfa or sip if possible.

What firmware version is on the STMI4

No sbcsu....the firware for the mediatrix 1102 (labeled Siemens AP1120) vers 5.0.1.27 if possible if not that...perhaps a sip version.

STMI4 should be some variant of A9, which would have come with 4K V10. STMIX could be the same, or maybe A9.1xx.

A9.39 is the latest for STMI4 but likely you will be near that anyway.

Sounds like maybe a problem establishing a bearer channel. So signaling initially is good but it can't open up a speech path.

How does CGWB compare between the good and bad, are the codecs the same?

I would activate full detail tracing on the STMI4 (Maintenance, Traces), then clear all logs, make a test call, download logs. I would expect there to be something helpful in there.

AP1120's have not been supported for a long time, but they have not been purposely disabled, I would expect them to still work, unless something gets broken by accident, and of course no tests will be carried out on V10 for them, they are too old.

Thanks Moriendi
Will check CGWB. Will also try to run a trace. THANKS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back