Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HiPath 4000, V 8, Broadcast page

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbxtechron

Technical User
Dec 21, 2010
US
Trying to set up Broadcast page to a small group of phones, all Model 60 T, I can do a Voice Call to an individual set but cannot get the Broadcast working. I read through older threads on the subject but did not see a definite programing solution. I am primarily using Assistant, but can use AMO with directions.
Anyone have this set up?

The feature is rather well described in the 4k service manual (feature usage examples).
Calling party needs the attribute BROADCST. It has to dial the WABE BROADCST code or press the BROADCST key, followed by the number of a keyset that has an appearance on up to 40 other keysets. You need to delete, using ACTDA, the VCR (voice call restriction) flag at the keysets that should receive the broadcast call.

George, Thanks for that info. So where can I get a copy of the " Service Manual" I searched all over trying to find the programing sequence for the feature?

So the user will need to press the "broadcast key" then dial. So I would have to program another line (extension number, on each phone)if I wanted to have multiple phones get the broadcast, and they dial that number? Can it be set up just to push the Broadcast Key, or one that has the complete sequence so its "one push" like under a "Name Key" maybe?

There is a way to program it into a Name key if the stuff from the olden days still works. Problem is my memory is failing me so I'm going to give you 3 codes and hopefully one of them is right.

Assuming that the dial code for BROADCAST is WABE is #80

And one of these 3 codes works: C18, C21, C24 (one is a pause and used to represent the "hold" key), one of them is Transfer, and the other I don't remember. You want the one that inserts the pause.

So if it still works you could program this into a Name key: #80C18xxxx Where "xxxx" is the extension you want to call. If you use the wrong code you will initiate a transfer, or whatever the other one does. I specifically remember C24 was a big one, and I think C18 was te other commonly used one.

Some of the old dudes on here might remember it better than me!

The references are from programming NAME keys on Rolmphones. I had a sheet made for my reference but I can't find it.

Don Bruechert, Voice Comm Analyst II
CareTech Solutions @ Holy Family Memorial
Manitowoc, WI, USA

Don and George, Thanks for the info.
So I configured another extension,(8807) put it on the phones in the group, as a line key , then configured a name key and under it put #808807 so when I press it, it calls the line ( 8807) and rings once then hits the speaker. I had to turn the ring option on for 8807 in order to go to speaker, other wise it only rang even with out the option turned on.

So I have looked on the Customer Portal and cannot find the service manual. Can you point me to it?

Don't know if V8 is the same as V7, but here is what at one time used to be an unknown thing. On V7 (cannot speak for V8) you have your CUSTOMER IP for assistant, such as 10.1.2.125 (rather than 192.x.x.5). If you (typically) go one number UNDER that, such as 10.1.2.124 - that was (typically) the IP or the "Portal" where you can do such things as clone tour hard drive for backup purposes, look at things like system memory and fan speeds, reinstall the assistant and other fun stuff. They used to have ALL of the system documentation under a Documentation tab in the portal. That did get broke when they came out with V7R2 - at least for a while, but after my last update it appeared to be back. If they continued that trend for V8, and you know how to get into the portal (typically with the same "super-user" creds you use for Assistant) you might find everything you want in there. You should be able to find a lot of the documentation in the customer portal, but they changed it a while back so it is a lot more like the SEBA portal and it is a pain in the collective to find anything - similar to using the yellow pages - you have to know what secret category to look under. The won't give you the software (except for phone firmware and client software), but the release notes and usually admin and install guides are floating around if you spend enough time looking.

Some of it is a PITA - like the "real" version of the AMO manual. You can get the PDF version of the AMO manual, but they leave out a lot of stuff and put in "the details of this section can only be found in the HTML version of the AMO manual" - which is a whole flipping directory full of ... stuff... I'm in the middle of setting up 2 new clinics and this week is a major call center move between buildings, otherwise I would go searching more for you.

Don Bruechert, Voice Comm Analyst II
CareTech Solutions @ Holy Family Memorial
Manitowoc, WI, USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back