Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HiPath 4000 Softphone SIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaeedAyman

Technical User
Aug 28, 2012
EG
Hello,

I would like to register a SIP softphone (from mobile) to my HiPath 4000.

but all the applications on the mobile keep asking for username and password.

What username and passwords are these?

1) You need to have some SIP capability set up on one of your STMI boards.
2) You need to build out a SIP extension in your system.
3) When you build that station, in the assistant, on the last tab, you will find a place to put the login and password. I have not done it in expert mode, but assume those would be among the parameters in SBCSU (or maybe SDAT).
4) You need to know the IP Address of the STMI board you build the station on. You will use that as your SIP gateway for both incoming and outgoing.

That is a rough overview of the process.

Don Bruechert, Voice Comm Analyst II
CareTech Solutions @ Holy Family Memorial
Manitowoc, WI, USA

I usually don't set up a password on my SIP extensions, so the username is the extension number and the password is blank.

LoPath
Maintain HiPath 4000 V5 & V6, OpenScape Xpert V4, Xpressions, Contact Center

If they are Unify phones I never set up a password, but some soft clients, some Cisco SIP phones and some SIP Polycom conference phones require it and they will not allow you to leave the fields blank. in those cases you have to throw something in there just to appeas the software. I usually just toss in the extension number for both fields in the station config and run with it.

Manitowoc, WI, USA

If the STMI is connected to the internet and the phones are accessible without passwords it is an open invite for hacking port 5060
If they are open use a randomly generated 12 character password at least.
If the LAN is internal then I would go with what Don says and just do the minimum

Ok, thanks a lot.
One last thing, if there are recommended applications have been used (over android or iOS).

Again, thanks a lot.

I've never done that because I don't have my systems outfacing. I was messing around with it quite a while ago for internal use on WiFi, but that was way back when I had my Blackberry and I found out Blackberry had issues with that kind of communication so it never went any further. Sorry.

Manitowoc, WI, USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back