Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hipath 4000 routing question

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick2u

Vendor
Mar 11, 2008
US
I need to route station numbers ( on a one-by-one basis )to a route that already exists in a Hipath 4000 V2. The route exists as a LRTE and connects to a Cisco gateway. I cannot figute out how to re-route the station numbers. I can't route the whole range of numbers ( 3xxx) because we are migrating the numbers in small blocks. I thought I could do it with Route Info ( subscriber ) but that does not seem to work. Any information would be appreciated.

Take this with a grain of salt because this is from a HiCom 300 and not a 4000.

When I do it I do it through the dial plan. I do CHA-DPLN and the type in my case is DGTS. Then I type the extension number or range of numbers I want to affect and one of the parameters that comes up is Route. Then I just enter the route number I want them to go to and I'm done.

In my Hicom 150, which is a different bird using Assistant E, I go into least cost routing and there is a Dial Plan tab in there as well. In that spreadsheet-like arrangement I can also enter individual numbers or specify blocks of numbers and assign them to a route - that would be a similar process.

Our organization is all DID and we have in internal voice WAN that routes between facilities using 4-digit numbers. At all my sites, any number that is not in use at a particular site routes back to the main site, and from there it is sent off to where it belongs. I try to avoid doing it, but occasionally I will send a number from one site over to another one for a special purpose.

Hope that translates into your world somehow.

Thank you, that does translate over a bit. I have to delete the station in dpln and re-add it as a TIE in dpln. Then I have to add the digits in LCR Digit Pattern. I can now call the station via the tie circuit, but outside calls to the DID number are not going through. This may be some sort of authorization restriction. I will have to look a little deeper on this.

I'm glad you got it to work, but I never needed to change the digit type to anything but STN (station). Normally (in AMO-land) chen you do CHA-DPLN and you put in the digits you can press enter thru most of the normal stuff and then it asks questions like "Route?" and that is where you put your route number. This may be one of the differences in the 4000 world.

When you change the digits to TIE you are kind of unoffically turning that into a type of trunk, and then in order for one trunk to route out another one you need to enable TTT (trunk to trunk) in its COS, possibly COT and COP as well - not sure without looking.

Trunk to trunk is kind of a grey area in security-land that I try to avoid because if you do it wrong it can give someone who calls in a way to send a call out another trunk, possibly making an expensive call someplace.

In the Hicom 150 world there is a kind of interface matrix that you set up when you use CorNet. You say what permission level on the 150 side corresponds to what permission level on the Hicom 300 side. This way calls that have permission 3 on the 150, which is just about everything are translated to permission 6 on the 300 - which is roughly the same, and vice versa. I don't know if the 4000 has a similar setup to the 150 for the way it does permissions, or is closer to the 300 (which has COS, COP and COT for this).

Did you try just CHA-DPLN and keep it as a station type and see if you keep pressing enter instead of maybe putting in the ; to end it that it might ask you what route you want to send the call on?

There is no DPLN AMO in Hipath 4000.

Using TIE should work, I wouldn't expect TTT to cause a problem with the onward routing as TTT is trunk to trunk transfer - and he's not transferring (consultation call).

Keeping it as STN is maybe a nicer solution but requires a closed number/network LCR configuration which probably doesn't exist on the 4000 at the moment - by leaving it at STN in WABE he could then enter a remote DNNO in WABE as well. That's nicer but TIE will work OK to send the call over to the other switch.

If it works internally but not DID look closely at the node numbers of the TDCSU configuration, and the outgoing RICHT/LDAT node numbers too. Make sure they are (a) not the same anywhere and (b) the same level, ie NNO 100 or 0-0-100, but not a mix of both.

Biggest problem I see here is that you are migrating numbers off the Siemens switch to Cisco. You should be going the other way.

You are correct, we do not have a closed number network here.

I checked the node numbers in TDCSU and RICHT/LDAT, but I am confused as to where they should not be the same anywhere.

IE: the node numbers in TDCSU for both trunk groups are set to 1. In RICHT/LDAT, the node numbers are set to 0-0-200.

You have an incoming and an outgoing trunk. There is a TDCSU for each trunk.

Make sure the DESTNO and DNNO in one trunk is not the same as the DESTNO and DNNO in the other. Also, make sure your outgoing RICHT/LDAT DNNO is not the same as the incoming DNNO.

You could try toggling DFNN in the outgoing COT.

Got it. That was it, I had to change the DNNO in the TDSU and now it works. Thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back