Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hipath 4000 Phone logout / Logon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mid2010

IS-IT--Management
Jun 2, 2006
US
Hi,

I'm the administrator for a Hipath 4000 PBX im barely familiar with (and unlikely to be trained in any time soon).

We're in the process of moving floors and large numbers of our phones (400 std/adv) just refuse to logout (Not Allowed). I cant see what the problem is in programming, but im not familiar enough with the system to identify the issue.

I can force a logout in the GUI by removing it as a key system, changing status to logged out - but it bollocks everything up (loses key table, no longer on other stations key tables)

How can I logout / login a station using the expert mode / command line (AMO???). is there any manuals or documentation for common AMO commands?

Thanks,

Mid2010

Using AMO's to do this involves many many steps. If some of your stations will logout, that is a good sign, as the feature is enabled.

Have you checked the PIN for the stations that will not log out? The PIN is on the station form, under the PIN tab. We set the PIN to be the same four digits as the extension, the type should be "manual PIN" and the "indiv pin" should be checked.

Without a correct PIN programmed, you would not be able to logout the stations. Hope that helps.

That was it! Appreciate the help.

Out of interest, is there a correct procedure for logging out a station from the config management GUI for a key system? If you just try to change the status to logged off it complains a lot.

Thanks,

Mid

It does take a while to figure out the correct sequence so the PBX doesn't complain. Try this:

1) Go to station form and bring up your station.

2) Uncheck "key system", then save.

3) Clear the form and bring up the station again. Odd yes, but you often need to bring the station up to see changes that have been made.

4) Delete the PEN (blank out the numbers) and change "in service" to logged off.

5) Click save and click ok on annoying pop up message.

All done.

Thanks, appreciate the help.

Mid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back