Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hipath 4000 DID Programming Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annservices

Technical User
Dec 20, 2010
IN
thread965-1697234

Dear experts,

We have a Hipath 4000 having DID through local public service provider. at present service provider is sending last three digits (100 to 799) for DID calls which is working fine... due to some technical modifications they have advised us to receive 7 Digits ....( 1013100 to 1013799)

Numbering are as follows:

intercom numbers: 3100 to 3799

DID level 228100 to 228799

what are the modifications are required at Hipath 4000 to get it through?

Thanks...

I haven't done this in years, but they way I would do it if I was doing it would be to let them send you the 7 digits if they want. You can set up a general digit translation table that strips off the first 3 digits. Then you don't have to change anything in your dialing plan. I have done all kinds of cool things with that - like my external numbers were 24XX and my internal numbers were 44XX (due to a meddling vice president who went and installed a system without consulting anyone) and I set it up so they could send me 3 digits and I prepended the 4 on to the beginning of the number, and some other interestig things I've done. The last time I touched it was in 2008 and pre-4K, but I would look under tables for digit translation in the 4K and look at what rules are set up if any - or set one up to strip off the first 3 digits on incoming calls and see how it flies. The help in assistant can be pretty good for some of that stuff, or I'm sure there will be someone coming along that does it in their sleep. That's where I would start though - don't needlessly mess up your dial plan if you don't have to! :)

I would go in the KNDEF and modify the ISDNSK (number of digit to skip)

I work with 4 digits extensions

i.e ADD-KNDEF:NNO=1-41-225,TYPE=OWN,ISDNCC=41,ISDNLC=22562,ISDNSK=0,ISDNUL=EXT,PNPLC=370,PNPSK=3,PNPUL=L0;

here 0 digit to skip because the numbers the num I receive is
+41 22562 XXXX

or
ADD-KNDEF:1-33-225,OWN,33,1,44,2,EXT,,,370,3,L0,,,,,;

here 2 digits to skip 77 or 18
+33 1 44 77 XXXX or +33 1 44 18 XXXX

They were sending in 4 digits and now they are sending in 7 ?

All you have to do is change the trunk as follows:

CHA-TDCSU:pEN=X-X-X-X,SUPPRESS=3;

(suppressing the first 3 digits to leave the last 4)

Dear All

Thanks for your comments & valued suggestions modified as instruction........

done the job thank all of you...........

Aniruddha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back