Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hipath 4000 cpid and inband dtmf problems... Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1way2findout

Technical User
Oct 14, 2004
US
In the past I have been able to setup EVMS (analog voice-mail ports) on older siemens switches like the Hicom 300. I would start by configuring a group of EVMS stations with inband dtmf enabled. These stations would then be added to a hunt group with a pilot #. I would then dial from one digital phone (phone A) to another digital phone (phone B) and have the call forwarded to the pilot # of the hunt-group containing the EVMS stations with inband DTMF enabled. When the EVMS STATION with inband dtmf enabled is picked up I would hear tones (dtmf) containing the call party ID.

I have received conflicting information on the hipath 4000. One is that this switch does not support analog voice-mail ports. This may be true, but there has to be a way to receive this information on the hipath 4000. Can someone help me in solving this mystery?

Hi, which the version of HiPath 4000?

Regards

SunWeb

The 4000 has something similar. It can pass inband DTMF in T1-OPS and analog for external devices such as Voicemail, IVR, Fax Server, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back