Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hipath 4000 - CDR console machine & CDR data report setup 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rsanga

Systems Engineer
Dec 21, 2019
IN
team

Currently using hipath 4000

I want to configure CDR console machine& & CDR data capturing steps

A big question on HiPath 4000
CDR can be set any way desired but that flexibility makes it complex.
Are there other 4K systems that you work on that have CDR working ?

Yes We have one more 4K system but on that also not CDR not running....

Do you have an authorized maintainer/HiPath 4000 Expert ?
CDR can be detailed depending on the software package/Charging Database that you want to use.

We dont have any authorized maintainer..

Can We able to collect CDR data any other way ?

Expected CDR format
Date
time
PRI TGRP
source number
duration
destination number
INT - Internal or OG - Outgoing

How are you going to collect this data ?

I dont have idea on this...

You need to collect the output somehow.
At a minimum - there will be at least one line of text per call
It has to go somewhere.
In the distant past it went directly to a printer.

Some Examples:
//
An onsite CDR collecting buffer which then sends the data to a central server for database analysis - individual billing can then be emailed to end users and more detailed analysis can be carried out on number of trunks required, number of operators etc.
//
An onsite PC directly collecting the data and providing basic CDR analysis
//

An onsite PC directly collecting the data and providing basic CDR analysis[thumbsup2]

I have one standby PC but it's not connected with system. i will ready to use for CDR capturing
if possible please let me know the integration steps ( Hipath & CDR System ).... or any license part involve in this ?

If it is just a PC then you should consider also using a CDR program, this program (Many available) would put the CDR records into a database and you can extract information from that database if/when required.

Otherwise are you just going to store it in files or how do you plan to store the records ?

No licenses are required, however the configuration is long - as explained previously "CDR can be set any way desired but that flexibility makes it complex.

I believe I have the whole PDF or PPT of the CDR training/info docs from one of the Unify instructors that I was given permission to put on the Tonido site. I know it used to be there. The whole packet is something like 3/4 of an inch printed out....

Don Bruechert, Voice Comm Analyst II
CareTech Solutions @ Holy Family Memorial
Manitowoc, WI, USA

Hi Don and Happy New Year - I don't see the CDR document on Tonido - do you know where it is there or what is is called ?

Happy New Year! I will have to look on Monday at work as I know I still have the document. I think it had a really long title like CDR and Collecting Agent <something> and it might have been under the "other" category....

Scratch that.... I just logged in and went through everything. That info is not on there, nor is the DLS training course that I was specifically told I could post up there in 2016 because it was slightly dated, and I know used to be there. I haven't been in there in quite a while since I actually am able to download the phone firmware and manuals off the customer portal. I will have to dig those 2 documents up and send them back your way. The structure and layout looks like you've really put a lot of work into it!

I'll let you know when I'm ready to send them so you can allow me to drop them in Temp.

Manitowoc, WI, USA

Hi Don,
The DLS is there - under tools - DLS OpenScape Deployment Service V7
Can't find the CDR so let me know when you want to upload
Thanks

I did find the document for the CDR setup and can upload it again if desired. It is around 2.5 MB.

The DLS stuff I was talking about was a training document. I think I saw DLS under Tools, but wasn't that just the application?

Thanks!

Manitowoc, WI, USA

There are DLS release notes in 'Docs'
DLS is under Tools - that is the application yes.

If you have any more please can you upload Don - especially that CDR - uploading available now - let me know when you are done - thanks

I have uploaded the CDR information PDF. That is from V2, but from what I have been told the processes have not changed all that much. Even though the never versions of V7 have the import/export API you still have to collect and format the data the way you want it. The document is the same as the .ppt file I have, but the .ppt file is not Siemens branded and displays the name of the author, so I won't share that one :)

I also *DID* (sorry) find the DLS Training course. It is in the shared folder Deployment Service DLS V7 where the release notes are. It is a 289 MB ZIP file because the program is a whole directory that runs under flash. I didn't download it to see if I included the document in the ZIP about how to enable legacy Flash on your PC, but I do have a document that explains how to do it, if necessary. Otherwise you will probably receive a flash player error.

Manitowoc, WI, USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back