Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hipath 4000 Call Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

1rkm1

IS-IT--Management
Apr 12, 2013
US
Hi everyone,

I am looking for any advice for setting up Call reporting software on the Hipath 4000. We are currently running V5, and will be upgrading to V6 in the next few months (if it makes any difference).

I spoke with our sales rep, who put me in contact with a company called Comview. The Sales pitch seemed to be ok, however the prices seems to me to be outrages.

I dont really care about all the cost accounting crud, more over we want to be able to log calls to / from extensions for archival purposes (we're a medical company).

Do any of you have a recommendation for alternatives? Any free / open source software that would work? Is there any special configurations that need to be done on the 4k to set it up? Or is it like a Mitel or Panasonic system that you can connect to a rs232 port and capture the streaming data?

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
1rkm1

Incidentally I should follow up on my comment above. I just got the revised system proposal for 2013, and in this go-around they have changed us from Comview to Impact Traffic Analyst. I really am not too fussy because all I'm going to use it for is to track call volumes and in the event there is a prank call or stalker call or something like that to pull a history of calls to and from specific numbers....

Apologies 1rkm1,
It could be in LDAT also where you add in the parameters for to enable call charing on that route etc.
It might be something simple or very complex and that is the problem.
When you are on the course ask the lecturer for some guide to the setting up of CDR and you could read through that in your own time.
When you come back post again and we could go further with it.
Regards

You might also want to search around here a bit because Iamnothere posted a link to a nearly 300 page configuration guide to CDR and the Collection agent on the HiPath 4000, circa 2004. I just got up and looked, and I have it printed out and sitting on the shelf. I believe it's an illustrated classroom-style document though rather than a technical manual. I don't know if you can search for posts by a user on here or not. I am betting it's close to 2 years old - it has been a while.

Thanks Donb01,

I had found several references to the CDR paperwork, but non existed on the sharing sites. In speaking with my instructor here in Dallas, He is going to be going over CDR, and he is also apparently the person who wrote the documentation for setting it up. I am blessed, that I got the right guy for training!

Like I said, once I get it going I will post back and lay out the changes that I had to make, so perhaps I can help someone else that may come along after!

-1RKM1

As promised I wanted to come back and document for others some of the many aspects that I had to change to get CDR working. SBCSU was absolutely correct in how involved this to setup, which I am still grateful to him / her for the time that they took to help me out. Also, credit must go to my Siemens HiPath instructor. He was absolutely amazing. I highly recommend attending their facility if you need to know your system in depth.

So enough with the credits! My setup deviated from the Siemens Default, I have customized the CDR output to match what we wanted to capture. Hopefully the commands copied in full, however if not I suggest that you learn your system before applying any of these changes to it, and considering that I am pretty new to it, I cant verify that any of this will not cause system problems. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

(setup select group)
CHANGE-SELG:SELT,2,1,FORM01,FORM01,NOCALC,A22;
CHANGE-SELG:SELT,2,1,,,,,0&&999999 ;
CHANGE-SELG:SELT,2,1,,,,,,VOICE ;
CHANGE-SELG:SELT,2,1,,,,,,,0&&15;
CHANGE-SELG:SELT,2,1,,,,,,,,ALL,ALL,N,N,Y,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N;
CHANGE-SELG:SELT,2,1,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,0,000000;
CHANGE-SELG:SELT,2,1,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,0&&999,0&&254,0&&30;
CHANGE-SELG:SELT,2,1,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,N,N,
INTERN&INCO&OUTG&ACACT&LOAD,0&&15,0&&9,ALL;

(Configure output device)
ADD-GEZU:TTY,DEV2,TTY,TERM2;

(Activate output capture subroutines)
ADD-FEACG:CDRCDUMP&CDRCDIS;

(Custom Form)
ADD-FTBL:1,B,FORM,1,N,"##, #@/#@/#@, #@:#@:#@, #@/#@/#@, #@:#@:#@, #@@@";
ADD-FTBL:1,B,FORM,2,N,"@@@@@@@@@@@, #@@@@@@@@@@@@@@, #@@@@@@@@@@@@@@, #";
ADD-FTBL:1,B,FORM,3,N,"@@@@, #@@@@@@@ ,";
ADD-FTBL:1,B,CTRL,4,N,CR;
ADD-FTBL:1,B,CTRL,5,Y,LF;
ADD-FTBL:1,B,FIELD,1,SERVICE,CHAR,"0",L;
ADD-FTBL:1,B,FIELD,2,STNID,CHAR,"0",L;
ADD-FTBL:1,B,FIELD,3,STMONTH,CHAR,"0",R;
ADD-FTBL:1,B,FIELD,4,STDAY,CHAR,"0",R;
ADD-FTBL:1,B,FIELD,5,STYEAR,CHAR," ",R;
ADD-FTBL:1,B,FIELD,6,STHOUR,CHAR,"0",R;
ADD-FTBL:1,B,FIELD,7,STMIN,CHAR,"0",R;
ADD-FTBL:1,B,FIELD,8,STSEC,CHAR,"0",R;
ADD-FTBL:1,B,FIELD,9,ENDMONTH,CHAR,"0",R;
ADD-FTBL:1,B,FIELD,10,ENDDAY,CHAR,"0",R;
ADD-FTBL:1,B,FIELD,11,ENDYEAR,CHAR,"0",R;
ADD-FTBL:1,B,FIELD,12,ENDHOUR,CHAR,"0",R;
ADD-FTBL:1,B,FIELD,13,ENDMIN,CHAR,"0",R;
ADD-FTBL:1,B,FIELD,14,ENDSEC,CHAR,"0",R;
ADD-FTBL:1,B,FIELD,15,CALLIPTY,CHAR," ",L;
ADD-FTBL:1,B,FIELD,16,DESTPTY,CHAR," ",L;
ADD-FTBL:1,B,FIELD,17,RTIONPTY,CHAR," ",L;
ADD-FTBL:1,B,FIELD,18,ROUTCN,CHAR," ",L;
ADD-FTBL:1,B,FIELD,19,THRESEQ,CHAR,"0",R;

(Activate Select Group)
ACTIVATE-SELS:2;

Connect to processor at 192.0.2.3 port 1202

We are using linux to capture the data to a file that is imported into a simple database.

I'm glad to hear such nice comments about the Siemens Training Center in Irving, Texas. Maybe some day I will be able to attend a 4K class there.

@ Iamnothere,

From what I see in the posts that you and SBCSU provide on this site you could probably teach a course there!

-1RKM1

hi everyone
please i need a support i want to move certain pin from trunk group to another trunk group
note . pbx is hipath 4000

@1rkm1
hi,
a bit late comment but hopefully it will still be usable.
We needed something similar. And we ended up with similar solution but moreover we needed to store the CDR data in SQL database. For historical reports.

If you need more info how to do it let me know.
Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back