Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hipath 4000 Call Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

1rkm1

IS-IT--Management
Apr 12, 2013
US
Hi everyone,

I am looking for any advice for setting up Call reporting software on the Hipath 4000. We are currently running V5, and will be upgrading to V6 in the next few months (if it makes any difference).

I spoke with our sales rep, who put me in contact with a company called Comview. The Sales pitch seemed to be ok, however the prices seems to me to be outrages.

I dont really care about all the cost accounting crud, more over we want to be able to log calls to / from extensions for archival purposes (we're a medical company).

Do any of you have a recommendation for alternatives? Any free / open source software that would work? Is there any special configurations that need to be done on the 4k to set it up? Or is it like a Mitel or Panasonic system that you can connect to a rs232 port and capture the streaming data?

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
1rkm1

You do more or less just connect it up physically to the HiPath 4000 and the calls come out.
However it is a LAN connection in your case.
Also yes some amendments will have to be made to the HiPath to get the call charging records to come out in the way that the proposed software will require.
There are a lot of softwaare/hardware companies which will form a line at your door if you so wish - so dont limit yourself to just one company.

At the end of the day all you need is a capture device and a reporting device

SBSU,

Thank you for the reply.

I am excited to learn that the data is streamed.

Could you tell me which port on the 4000 that I would connect to? Do you have any device recommendations? I can probably configure a laptop to capture the data stream which I am fine with as well. My biggest issue is that I handle all of the MAC's on the 4k, but Siemens has handled all of our install of the main equipment. So I dont have the much to reference when you say it is a lan connection. Would you be able to provide me the IP info as well?

Again, Thank you for your help.

-1RKM1

Setup your laptop as 192.0.2.99
Plug in the LAN cable from your laptop to the Atlantic LAN on the lowest processor on the main system
the one with the dash dot on the red display
Open Hyperterminal or similar
Set it up as a LAN connection TCP/IP(Winsock)
with host address as 192.0.2.3
Port 1202
Connect on hyperterminal and you should see a line like this #####################
if you do then it should be good
if not then you need to do more work to activate the CDR
If it all works for you then you can use the Hyperterminal or similar to just capture the data
But in the long run you would need a program to capture that and analyze it for to email out reports etc.

We will be upgrading probably by the end of summer and will be using ComView as well. Fortunately I can make the vendor set it all up and then I just have to learn how it all works after the fact. I am under the impression it needs its own server and there is a web-based tool to access the data. I will be using it mostly for "we need to know how many calls a week/day/month our department gets", keeping an eye on certain phones after hours, and "someone just called and threatened so and so - can you find out who called" types of things...

SBCSU,

I stopped in my Data Center today to get a better understanding of what I am looking at with the processors. The processor with -. on it already has a lan cable connected to the Atlantic port, which is running to either the ProCenter or Expressions boxes (I believe). I should have re-read your post prior to leaving the site as I would have traced it out.

In this situation, Would I need to connect that cable to a network switch and then connect my capture device and the existing server the it as well (would think Vlan'ing it to its own vlan would eliminate cross talk / network issues in the stream). Or can I use one of the other processors which have the Atlantic port open? It appears that I have a total of 3 processors in the system. I also have a card a the top of the box that shows ports for Atlantic with a 7 / 8 for the ports, and then 1-8 ports that say Customer. the card reads as SPD L/A. Could that be used?

Once again thank you for your time.

-1RKM1

You can plug into the top card which is a hub card on to the Atlantic port there.
If you have the laptop with you setup as before and then plug in you should see #########
Yes you could put a switch on the Procenter and that is possible as well - no need for VLAN's - you will only be 'looking' at one port on the LAN

Yes you have 3 processors in the system, although it is called a 'dual processor' ![smile]
the bottom one with the dash dot does administration and data server (ADS) - call charging and logging on to expert access and assistant.
The other 2 processors are your voice (SWU - switching unit) processors and they run the telephony,
one should show A for active and the other S for standby.
The bottom of the 2 voice processors is called your A processor and the top one the B processor.

you don't use the Atlantic on the SWU processors only on the ADS (bottom dash dot) processor or on the Hub card on top.

SBCSU,

You ROCK!

FYI all of this info is not going to waste. I am going to Dallas at the end of the month for 4k training. Already been for the admin stuff, now getting to tekie stuff! I am just hoping to have the capture running before I am gone for the 3 weeks and I think I am well on my way!

Thank you again for all of your help.

-1rkm1

Well done - hope you get on well at the course.
Sometimes it helps to have some knowledge before you go on those course so as you can as relevant questions.

You will probably need to use a different capture program as hyperterminal is quite basic in that.

But see if you can connect up first as there might be more work to do to get the calls to come out.

SBSU,

I was able to connect my laptop, and I am getting the ####### line, however I am not seeing any call info. Was there anything else that I need to setup?

I am set to ip 192.0.2.3 with port 1202.

Thanks again,
1RKM1

Log on to the system using Comwin
DIS-SELS;

Sbcsu,

the Selgrno 1 = on
2 to 4 are stop.

From what I have found, that is the correct config for the CDR output. So that leaves me thinking that there is something else not configured.

-1rkm1

try the following:

DEA-SELS:1;
ACT-SELS:1;

I pointed to port 1201, and got 7 lines of data. Stations calling the VM server and ranged from dates from nov / 11 to 2/13.

I then followed you suggestion to stop and start the cdr ports, and reconnected to port 1202. I still am not getting any new data.

I found a word document from the forum talking about" [highlight #FCE94F]
Here’s the United States default form table for standard CDR. It’s also available on the TAC website.

ADD-FTBL:<INDEX NUMBER>,B,FORM,1,N,"## #@/#@/#@ #@:#@ #@:#@:#@ ####@ #@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ #";
ADD-FTBL:<INDEX NUMBER>,B,FORM,2,N,"@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ #@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ #@@@@ #@@@ #";
ADD-FTBL:<INDEX NUMBER>,B,FORM,3,N,"@@@ #@@@@@ #@@@@@@@@@@@";
ADD-FTBL:<INDEX NUMBER>,B,CTRL,4,N,CR;
ADD-FTBL:<INDEX NUMBER>,B,CTRL,5,Y,LF;
ADD-FTBL:<INDEX NUMBER>,B,FIELD,1,SERVICE,CHAR,"0",L;

[/highlight]

I dont know if I need to use these commands to set up the table? Is there a command that I can run to ensure that the table is setup already?

You should be connected at the time when you do the DEA and ACT SELS
If you REG-FTBL; you will see if there are any like the one you have shown
If you have a full config then just send it in and it will overwrite anything that is there

SBCSU,

I was able to verify that I had a full table intact. When I connect my machine and I do a dis-lssm; I can see that I am connected to the PBX on 192.0.2.3, and it see's my IP 192.0.2.99 on port 42477. Yet I still don't see any data coming across on either port 1201 or 1202.

With the machine connected, and I do the dea-sels:1; and act-sels:1; I dont see any change on either port.

Would you have any other thoughts?

Thanks,
1rkm1

As stated on other posts elsewhere the CDR is a complex beast indeed on the 4000.
The reason for this is that you can configure it any way you want.
It may very well be that the CDR not enabled in FEASU or COSSU/COS for the trunks.
There can be so many things wrong with the config.
I was hoping that it was just turned off or that it was configured but not connected.
Do you have any access to a tech that would maintain the system?

SBCSU,

I read that too. And was also hoping that it was something easy. I am essentially the tech that is maintaining the system. Hence the reason I am heading off to training next week. I guess all I can hope for is that I can either get answers in the training, or get the instructor to help me out.

I do appreciate the time you have taken to help me, THANK YOU! Hopefully I can post back in a few days / weeks that I was able to get it configured and setup.

Take care,
-1rkm1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back