Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hipath 4000 and call forwarding from external to local

Status
Not open for further replies.

roomas

Technical User
Aug 14, 2006
PL
hello guys

We have HiPath 4000
I have problem with call forwarding

Situation 1:

I receive call from our local user and transfer to another our local user. It works fine and no problems

Situation 2

I receive call from external user (ex. mobile user) and I'd like transfer to our other local user. External user hears waiting tone (some music) and after pick up by local user connection is down

thanks for any advice

regards

Follow-up questions:

Is this a new system or an established system?

If an established system, have any trunking changes been made lately?

What kind of phone line is the call coming in on? Analog trunk or something digital like ISDN PRI, T1, etc?

Are the users in question on traditional TDM phones or IP phones?

My first guess is that supervision isn't set up properly on the incoming trunk(s) but if the system has been around forever with no problems and there were no recent trunking changes I would assume that's not the culprit.

My second guess is there could be a problem coming from the line from the phone company, but it could be lots of things depending on how weverything is hooked up.

#donb01

thanks for your help

Well, this is established system, everything was ok until yesterday.
We're using TDM phones (Siemens Opit Point 500), the phone line is digital and no trunking change was made

thanks for every suggestion

regards

Neither of those scenarios are "call forwarding". Both are actually "transfers". Are you 100% sure that user error is not involved????

Are any calls getting dropped other than the ones you are transferring? That might indicate a general line problem. Look at the smart jack for the line in question and make sure there are no amber lights - that could be a possible indication of trouble. I have not dived into it that deep yet, but on 9006 you used to be able to do DIS-BSSU and indicate the card to see if there are any errors racking up. I know on the 4000 they are using Dual-T1 cards now so I don't know if there is a command modifier to indicate which span you want the stats for....

I did assume (you know what they say....) the person transferring the calls has been doing it for a while and isn't a new employee. If this is limited to just one phone I would swap out the device in case there is an issue - I assumed you already went that route if needed...

If the thing has been working well for a long time and the problem suddenly appeared I would first suspect a phone line issue and then a hardware issue (other than checking the phone(s) first).

If you know the Trunk that is being used go ahead and check the COT settings for that trunk.
dis-play-cot:X; (X - cot number the trunk has)

Make sure it has the parameter TTT (trunk to trunk transfer) set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back